"Memory is a net; one finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook; but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking." -Oliver Wendell Holmes


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Buy your dresses after Easter.

I bought a little girl's Easter dress on super sale for $15 at JC Penney a few weeks after Easter passed.  I intend to make it into the cheapest and most killer 'vintage' flower girl dress ever.  I tried it on Olivia this weekend and the little boat neck and the simple lines are just divine.   

Today I began the steps to change this dress from "Easter Delight" to "Vintage Wedding."  

Before: 


After:  


Now that those way overdone flowers are gone, all that's left to do is to give it a cream sash to match my ivory wedding gown and we've got a totally repurposed gem.  

1 comment: