"Memory is a net; one finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook; but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking." -Oliver Wendell Holmes


Monday, February 14, 2011

Hearts and Kisses and Mushy Stuff

I have been married to my favorite person for over six months. We took a lot of care to plan our wedding ceremony and I don't just mean flowers and dresses. I mean the words - the songs, the readings, the prayers. I walked down the aisle to my handsome groom to Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova's "Falling Slowly," which is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite love stories. Now it is part of my love story and I think of my Matt every time I hear it.
Take this sinking boat and point it home.
We've still got time.
Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice.
You've made it now
Falling slowly, sing your melody.
I'll sing it loud.
Happy Valentine's Day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment