"Memory is a net; one finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook; but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking." -Oliver Wendell Holmes


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Big Move

As of my next department meeting, which happens on October 1st, the air will be cleared. My English teacher friends will officially learn that this is my last year working with them. I am so sad to leave. I have found a true home at Hickman and love how my career has been able to grow into the comfortable, challenging, interesting beast that I enjoy so much.

The reason I'll be leaving is that Matt has a new job...in Saint Louis.

Yup. We've decided to move and after a few months of thinking about it, and being scared about it, and having a difficult time being apart during the work week while he stays with my parents, and all of the unkowns that still don't have answers we're becoming comfortable with it.

Our biggest concerns right now are where we'll live when we move, how and when we'll sell our house and, sadly, how our two pets will fit into our lives during this whole transition.

Things I do know. It's going to be a heck of a year. We've got a lot to do. It feels a little like we're having a collective quarter life crisis. And that by about June, we hope to be reunited in a little apartment somewhere in the Saint Louis area. I'll hopefully have a new job and we'll be adjusting to our new city life.

There are so many details and emotions about leaving this town I've called home for the past ten years that I can't put them all into words just yet. I'm still sifting through all of that and looking for the good in all of it. Just breathe.

As my dad says, "It's an adventure."

1 comment:

  1. I always tell Corinne we're going on an "adventure" when we do something I know she won't be interested in at first. :( Columbia won't be the same without you, friend. I'm at least glad I have until the summer time with you here. speaking of...let's put a brunch date on the calendar :)

    ReplyDelete