"Memory is a net; one finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook; but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking." -Oliver Wendell Holmes


Thursday, June 11, 2009

06.10.09


Matt turned 29! He called me his old lady, but until I turn 27 in January, he is officially three years older than me. We celebrated with a few new Columbia experiences and (because we both like food) ended with a birthday feast of fajitas, spanish rice and homemade birthday cake - including corkscrew and number candles!

My Yellow Cake Recipe :-)

3/4 cup butter
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 package vanilla pudding
2 cups milk

I've decided that the key to a really moist cake is the pudding. No matter what, don't forget to add a box of pudding to any mix and I guarantee it will be better :-)







1 comment: