"Memory is a net; one finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook; but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking." -Oliver Wendell Holmes


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Breaking for Spring




So for once, it seems that our weather in Columbia is just as nice as if we'd gone away for spring break! And I've never felt such a need for a break from the grind of school and students and grading and homework and 21 minutes for lunch and squeezing things into my life between the hours of 4:00pm and 10:00pm. Saturday and Sunday were spent at the home improvement store and lounging, Monday was a day full of sweeping, mopping, scrubbing vacuuming and laundering. Tuesday included a visit from my mom and two sisters so they could go with me to try on my dress that is now in at the dress shop as well as an ice cold beer on a patio with friends. And today I went for a sunny, 80 degree walk with Griffin around the neighborhood followed by an afternoon reading session on the patio. The weather has been glorious!


And all the while, things are changing so quickly outside. Every morning I go outside to see all of the bits of our yard (and our neighbor's yards) that have grown just a bit more :-)


Happy Springtime to all!


1 comment: