"Memory is a net; one finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook; but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking." -Oliver Wendell Holmes


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two Showers and a Baby - Part #2

So, baby shower number two!  What a successful, and delightful celebration of Baby Foster!  I have to tell you, my family really knows how to put together a shin dig.  First of all, everyone can cook which is why even my pre-maternity waistline was less than svelt.  Second of all, everyone is so supportive and really knows how to band together.  And third, we were dealt a healthy dose of the "good taste" gene as seen by all of the beautiful details of our grey and yellow, book themed shower.  Sommer planned the whole deal, including the very adorable and thorough theme.  She had help from all around to accomplish her vision.  To all of my sisters, aunts, cousins, my grandmothers and my mom who hosted this party, we say THANKS A MILLION!

[We were showered once again with beautiful gifts for Baby Girl.  Oh dear.  So spoiled already.]


[All the guests created a handmade alphabet book for the kid - complete with pictures drawn on the spot!]

[We received a beautiful baby guest book with well-wishes and congrats - great idea!]

[Sommer's pretty milk glass made an appearance again as the vases for these paper flowers made out of grey, yellow, or text-filled paper.  The girls apparently all got together to make these decorations together and now they happily reside in Baby's room.]

[Mark and Eunice made us a diaper cake!  And gave us an Ugly Doll book.  I adore Ugly Dolls and am glad my kid has one of her own.  Not pictured here is the another diaper cake given to us by Matt's cousin Ashley and Aunt Debbie.]

[A book that is a cake!  If you ask me, that is the perfect collision of world's right there.]


[Mom made her now famous "shower" cookies.  And I think this was her best batch yet.]

[Book garland!]

[Another pretty poster from Claire]


[Food, food and more delicious nursery rhyme themed food!]


And because the people are the most important, here is a smattering of the people of the this fabulous baby party.  I should say all pictures came from my mom's camera since we were too busy to even bust our out for a second.  I think the camera credits should go to....well....whoever picked up her camera at the time :-) 

























No comments:

Post a Comment